Thursday 2 December 2010

Take a Break from your busy schedule - some of my favourite music

Today's blog post is nothing more than a list of my very favourite music. My favourite ever ever ever must be Herman Brood's Saturday Night. But I like a lot of different music, Gene Pitney, Frank Sinatra, (old) BeeGees, Small Faces, TheThe and wonderful, wonderful Kenny Werner. I picked out a few of my favourites to share with you.

Herman Brood - Saturday Night

TheThe - Uncertain Smile - unfortunately no video, just the music

BeeGees - To Love Somebody

Rod Stewart & Stereophonics - Handbags + Gladrags

Gene Pitney + Marc Almond - Something's Gotten Hold of my Heart 

ABC - All of my Heart

Who can resist a bit of Abba

Rollng Stones - Midnight Rambler

Kenny Werner Trio

Miles Davis - Tutu

JJ Cale - Cocaine

George Michael - Freedom - because of Linda, Christy, Tatiana, Cindy and Naomi

Tom Jones - Sex Bomb

Blondie - Rapture

Chi Coltrane - Go like Elijah

Now, back to work!

4 comments:

  1. So glad children still dress properly in Europe, is seems in UK we've fallen into hideous dressing down which isn't getting dressed at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love George Michael, in honor of you I will play a lil Freedom right now :) thanks for the break

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hilde, great choices. I'm very pleased to see Uncertain Smile on there. I used to work for The The's management many years ago and went along to the recording. Jools Holland's piano solo is still one of my favourites and he did the whole thing in one take xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, Thank you so much for your comment. How exciting to have worked with The The. They are one of my favourite bands!

    ReplyDelete